A woman has sued Chris Brown, claiming that she was sexually assaulted at the rapper's home.
In court documents obtained, the plaintiff referred to as Jane Doe is suing the Loyal singer and Lowell Grissom Jr. for negligence, intentional infliction of emotional distress, battery and assault.
In a press conference, attorney Gloria Allred allegedly said,
Our client was invited to attend an 'after party' at a recording studio to meet defendant Grissom also known as Young Lo and defendant Brown. When she arrived at the studio, her phone was taken away from her. She was told that Brown did not want anyone to have their phones in the studio. Our client alleges in the lawsuit that she was forced to go to Brown's home because she perceived that she would only be able to retrieve her phone there. Brown handed each female guest including plaintiff a clear pill filled with white powder and instructed them to take it to have a 'good time.' Plaintiff did not follow these instructions and declined to consume the pill or pills.
According to Gloria, the plaintiff became "scared and intimated" when the woman saw the defendants with multiple guns in the house. At the time, she felt "intimidated by the aggressive behavior" of Brown's guests.
The lawsuit alleges that while she was at Brown's house, the plaintiff became the victim of horrific sexual assault, which are described in our lawsuit. This is one of the most horrific sexual assault cases that I have ever seen and our client Jane Doe has been severely traumatized by what she was forced to suffer.
When media reached out to the songster and Lowell's teams for comment, Chris' attorney Mark Geragos said,
The fact that they made a demand for $17 million and I told them to go pound sand probably explains why they did the press conference today. Chris didn't do anything and they know Chris didn't do anything. Other than using his name so she can have a press conference, I don't understand why he's dragged into anything.
According to The Los Angeles Police Department, they conducted an investigation at Chris' residence. The evidence gathered has been submitted to the DA in order to decide if charges will be filed or not.
Chris hasn't publicly commented on the lawsuit but he shared a Tweet earlier in the day to promote his upcoming concerts.
The Heartbreak on a Full Moon Tour kicks will held on June 19 in Seattle and will feature H.E.R., 6LACK and Rich the Kid as opening acts on select dates.