Scooter Braun is certainly a concerned friend! One week ago Mac Miller passed away from a drug overdose and the manager of Justin Bieber has revealed that he worried every night that the singer would die by an overdose.
During an episode of The Red Pill podcast on Tuesday, September 12, Braun said, "There was a time when I would go to sleep almost every night — when he had the money to fly away from me — and I was worried every night that I was going to lose him."
The entrepreneur continued, "I thought he was going to die. I thought he was going to sleep one night and that he would have so much crap in his system that he would not wake up the next morning."
Braun is trying to facilitate change in the Sorry singer's life.
He told host Van Lathan, "He used to yell and scream at me, and he wanted to put music out, he wanted to tour, but I thought if he did that, he would die. So I just refused.”
Braun further said that he believes Justin is responsible for his own recovery, saying,
I think he made a conscious choice for himself to change. I think for a year and a half I failed miserably trying to help him, because for a year and a half he didn’t change … It wasn’t until one day he woke up and said, ‘Hey, I need to talk to you. I don’t want to be that person anymore.’
He And he used to complain, and he used to fight it and that’s when he got into a dark place, but when he accepted his responsibility and took a hard look at himself and not what everyone was doing, that’s when he owned it and he got healthy.
Braun's concern about Justin comes just a day after rapper Bow Wow aka Shad Moss opened up about his own battle with drug use.
He shared a series of tweets to ask the youth to stop taking drugs, describing his own past addiction to cough syrup.
When Bow Wow used to drink lean, a mixture of codeine and soda, he revealed that at a point he had "almost died".
To the youth- Stop with these dumb ass drugs. Im going to let something out. When me and omarion worked on FACE OFF album. I was high off lean everyday! When yall saw me on BET going off on torae i was high off lean. My attitude everything changed. My fans started to...— Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018
Turn on me my family too. I never promoted lean in my songs. The whole time i was on the UCP tour with chris I WAS SIPPING 4’s atleast 7 times a day. I was addicted until our show in Cincinnati.. i came off stg and passed out woke up in the hospital i was having withdraws— Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018
I never felt a pain like that ever. It was summer but i was walking round with 3 hoodies on because i was so cold. I missed the chicago show of that tour baltimore show BECAUSE I WAS FUCKING HIGH AND SICK!!!! that shit is not cool and i was doing it to be cool!— Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018
Kick that shit! Be a good son or daughter. Be the best you. Ima start being more vocal. We gotta save the youth from going out early. Parents watch your kids. Explain to them. We want yall to live man. I almost died fucking with syrup. To this day im affected my stomach will— Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018
Never be the same and it hasnt been. DRUG FREE IS THE WAY TO BE! smarten up tighten up out here. We cant lose no more of you. Not one! I love all yall. The young artist all the kids around the world.. dont follow a trend. Break the cycle. PEACE— Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018
Go back and watch the face off show BET gave us! Look how dumb i looked. My ranting i was angry every day. They try to protect the truth by saying i was dehydrated... nawww bro. I WAS HIGH OFF PROMETHAZINE CODEINE! Actavis. SAY NO TO THESE DRUGS— Bow Wow (@smoss) September 10, 2018
Miller left the world on September 7 due to the substance overdose. He was pronounced dead at his home San Fernando Valley.