Scooter Braun ‘Worried Every Night’ Justin Bieber Would Die From a Drug Overdose Amid Mac Miller Death

Updated On 15 Sep, 2018 Published On

Scooter Braun is certainly a concerned friend! One week ago Mac Miller passed away from a drug overdose and the manager of Justin Bieber has revealed that he worried every night that the singer would die by an overdose.

During an episode of The Red Pill podcast on Tuesday, September 12, Braun said, "There was a time when I would go to sleep almost every night — when he had the money to fly away from me — and I was worried every night that I was going to lose him."

The entrepreneur continued, "I thought he was going to die. I thought he was going to sleep one night and that he would have so much crap in his system that he would not wake up the next morning."

CAPTION: Scooter Braun ‘Worried Every Night’ Justin Bieber Would Die From an Drug Overdose Amid Mac Miller Death SOURCE: NME

Braun is trying to facilitate change in the Sorry singer's life.

He told host Van Lathan, "He used to yell and scream at me, and he wanted to put music out, he wanted to tour, but I thought if he did that, he would die. So I just refused.”

Braun further said that he believes Justin is responsible for his own recovery, saying,

I think he made a conscious choice for himself to change. I think for a year and a half I failed miserably trying to help him, because for a year and a half he didn’t change … It wasn’t until one day he woke up and said, ‘Hey, I need to talk to you. I don’t want to be that person anymore.’

He explained,

He And he used to complain, and he used to fight it and that’s when he got into a dark place, but when he accepted his responsibility and took a hard look at himself and not what everyone was doing, that’s when he owned it and he got healthy.

Braun's concern about Justin comes just a day after rapper Bow Wow aka Shad Moss opened up about his own battle with drug use.

He shared a series of tweets to ask the youth to stop taking drugs, describing his own past addiction to cough syrup.

When Bow Wow used to drink lean, a mixture of codeine and soda, he revealed that at a point he had "almost died".

Miller left the world on September 7 due to the substance overdose. He was pronounced dead at his home San Fernando Valley.