Frostsnow

Prince Philip Surrenders His Driving License After Car Accident

Updated On 10 Feb, 2019 Published On

It's been nearly one month since Prince Philip involved in a car accident leaving two women injured and the Duke of Edinburgh has surrendered his driving license.

A spokesperson for the Norfolk Police said in a statement to Us Weekly on Saturday, February 9,

Norfolk Police can confirm that the 97-year-old driver of the Land Rover involved in the collision at Sandringham on Thursday, January 17, 2019, has today voluntarily surrendered his license to officers. We will follow the standard procedure and return the license to the [Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency].

The spokesperson added, "The investigation file for the collision has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service for their consideration."

Additionally, a statement Buckingham Palace released on Saturday read, "After careful consideration the Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving license."

As we previously reported, in January, Philip, 97, had a two-car collision near the queen’s Sandringham Estate in England.

The Duke of Edinburgh reportedly pulled his Land Rover car onto the A149 road from a driveway when the tragic incident happened. Dispite his SUV overturned, he didn't get major injuries.

However, the driver of the other car, 28, and her passenger, Emma Fairweather, 45, were badly injured. They were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn.

A baby boy, 9-month-old, who was also in the vehicle, was not injured.

Emma, who broke her wrist in the accident, had to undergo surgery. Philip said sorry to the woman by releasing a  note to the Sunday Mirror on January 26.

Just two days after involved in the accident, Philip was seen not wearing a seatbelt while he was driving his Land Rover.

For more updates, stay tuned to Frostsnow.