Didn't learn a lesson! Prince Philip was spotted driving his Land Rover without wearing a seatbelt just two days after getting involved in a two-car accident.
In photos obtained by Daily Mail on Saturday, January 19, the Duke of Edinburgh, 97, drives his new car, close to Sandringham estate, where the collision occurred on Thursday, January 17. He was not wearing a safety strap.
According to a The Guardian report, shortly after the pictures surfaced, the royal was warned by police.
Dickie Arbiter, Queen Elizabeth II‘s former press secretary, exclusively told Us Weekly on Friday, January 18.
The road that the accident occurred on is notorious for accidents, all related to speed. Prince Philip had been on a smaller side road, going onto the bigger road, and was looking into the sun and obviously didn’t see the other car coming when he pulled out. The local authorities are looking into lowering the speed limit because of the number of accidents.
In a statement to Us Weekly, a spokesperson for Buckingham Palace said that the prince "was not injured" in the Thursday accident that left two other people injured. The collision occurred after Philip pulled his car out of a driveway.
The injured people, who were rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, have since been discharged.
Prince Philip previously a underwent successful hip replacement surgery in April 2018. He remained at the hospital in London for several days. However, he was able to attend his grandson Prince Harry’s wedding to former Suits star Meghan Markle at the time.
For more updates, stay tuned to Frostsnow.