An airstrike aimed at Libya's capital Tripoli migrant center on Wednesday 3rd July 2019 killed at least 40 people and left 80 others injured according to Libya's Health Ministry's emergency center.
The death toll was informed by the Field Medicine and Support Center, a branch of Libya's Health Ministry.
The United Nations Refugee Agency took it to Twitter to show their concern towards the attack against the migrant detention center in Tajoura, Libya.
#Libya: Grave concerns for thousands of trapped civilians in conflict-affected areas in Tripoli. UN Human Rights Chief @mbachelet urges creation of safe #humanitarian corridors and joins calls for an immediate ceasefire & resumption of political talks.
— UN Human Rights (@UNHumanRights) April 30, 2019
Several images from the scene show crumbled buildings and authorities working hard to get the deceased and the wounded off from the rubbles.
CAPTION: Airstrike is Tripoli, Libya Migrant Center kills 40 people. leaving 80 other injured SOURCE: cbc
UN-recognized Government of National Accord (GNA) blamed the leader of Libyan National Army (LNA) for the attack.
By far no organization has claimed the attack. In another statement, the GNA said that the attack was intentional and called it a war crime.
In the statement the GNA said,
We ask the international community through the African Union, European Union and (other) organizations to take a firm and clear stance against these continued violations,
However, there has been no immediate response from the LNA.
Attacks in Libya started from April 4, 2019, when the LNA's Military General Khalifa Hafter ordered an attack in Tripoli to capture it back from the United Nation recognized authorities.
As per the Human rights organizations around the world, both the parties were responsible for igniting the war crimes and attacks on residential areas and in migrant detention centers.
According to Amnesty International's Deputy of the Middle East and North Africa Director, Magdalena Mughrabi,
The drastic impact of the battle for Tripoli is even visible from space, with satellite imagery showing large swathes of the city now cloaked in darkness,
The United Nations Security Council previously said that there was no immediate military solution to Libya's ongoing conflict.