Nicole Eggert filed a police report against actor Scott Baio on Tuesday, February 6, alleging his molesting behavior when she was between 14 and 17, multiple sources have confirmed.
As previously reported, the 46-year-old actress has accused her Charles in Charge co-star of sexually assaulting her when the two worked together on the series which ran from 1984-1990. However, Scott vehemently denied all the allegations.
Nicole Eggert Files Police Report Against Acor Scott Baio Alleging Sexual Assault
Nicole’s lawyer Lisa Bloom confirmed to media that the Baywatch alum spoke to Los Angeles Police on Tuesday.
Lisa said in a statement,
Nicole answered all of their questions and told her story of sexual abuse by Scott Baio when she was a minor,
We appreciate the Los Angeles police detectives’ interest in this case, and we will fully cooperate with their investigation. Many have reached out to Nicole and me to say that they witnessed inappropriate behavior from Scott Baio when Nicole was underage. We provided those names to the police today.
According to TMZ, Alexander Polinsky, who appeared as Adam Powell on Charles in Charge, accompanied Nicole and told detectives that he witnessed some of the alleged abuse.
In a series of tweets late last month, Nicole accused Scott of digitally penetrating her when she was 14, alleging the assaults continued for years and included sexual intercourse when she was 17.
Nicole told Megyn Kelly,
I was a willing participant to an extent. There was a lot of manipulation that went into it. It wasn’t a ‘hold me down rape me’ situation, but I was 17.
In an interview with Good Morning America on January 31, 57-year-old Scott denied her claims but confirmed that they did have sex one time, when she was 18. He further said that he wasn’t worried that she would go to the police with her allegations.
Why would I have a concern over something that I didn’t do?