Mark Salling’s estate perhaps not have to pay his child pornography victims $50,000 each following his death of an apparent suicide, a source close to his child pornography case exclusively told media.
The source explained,
Restitution would be a part of his sentence. The amount of the restitution is determined by the sentencing judge … He will not be sentenced. Therefore there will be no restitution order. I doubt that there is anything to take to civil court. Any restitution order would be allocated among multiple known victims.
The insider continued,
The amount allocated to each would be different based upon, for example, therapy expenses they have incurred. No such order has been entered. I am unclear as to how anyone feels that they could go into court to enforce an order which has not been entered. I’m not saying that there isn’t some lawyer out there willing to file suit on behalf of someone claiming to be a victim. But I am saying, that there is no order to be enforced, for $50,000 or any other amount on behalf of anyone.
As previously reported, the former Glee alum died of an apparent suicide on Tuesday, January 30 and he was only 35-year-old. As per the report, officers responded to a death investigation the late actor’s home in the Sunland-Tujunga neighborhood of Los Angeles on Tuesday, January at 8:50 a.m., but could not identify him.
Mark Salling Child Pornography Victims May Not Get Paid As 'There Will Be No Restitution'
PIO Assistant Chief of the Coroner Ed Winter told that “a cause of death will not be determined until an autopsy is performed.”
Mark had been awaiting sentencing after he pleaded guilty in December for possession of child pornography. He previously had agreed to serve 4 to 7 years in jail, in addition to registering as a sex offender and staying 100 feet away from parks, schoolyards, Playgrounds, public swimming pools, and video arcade venues.