The cause of death of Mac Miller, who died on September 7, has finally been revealed. He died from mixed drug toxicity, multiple sources have confirmed. He was at 26.
The Los Angeles coroner’s office performed an autopsy which revealed that the rapper had fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol in his body when he died, which was certified as an accident at the time.
As we previously reported, in September, the LAPD confirmed that it responded to a call in the Studio City, Los Angeles and found the Blue Slide singer dead after 11 a.m. local time.
YOU FENTANYL SELLING FAGGOTS KILLED MAC MILLER. I HOPE YOU ALL BURN SO SO SLOWLY IN HELL AND THEN BURN AGAIN.
— SPACE MAN (@typarrish103) November 5, 2018
Mac, whose real name was Malcolm James McCormick, had been open about his struggles with substance abuse. His addiction to the promethazine-codeine combination was specifically "lean", a mixture of codeine and soda.
If Mac Miller couldn’t get coke that wasn’t cut with fentanyl either can you!!! Be careful my friends
— Julez (@juliarichterxx) November 5, 2018
In 2013, the rapper recalled his Macadelic tour the previous year and told Complex, "I was not happy and I was on lean very heavy".
He added, "I was so f—ked up all the time it was bad. My friends couldn’t even look at me the same. I was lost".
According to the magazine, in November 2012, he kicked that addiction before the filming of Mac Miller and the Most Dope Family.
His friend Jimmy Murton told the publication, "For how much [lean] he was drinking. it’s unbelievable that he stopped. It’s definitely one of the most impressive things he’s ever done".
Additionally, Mac was arrested in May on DUI and hit-and-run charges after he ran his 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon into a utility pole.
For more updates, stay connected with Frostsnow.