Keith Olbermann, who is a GQ special correspondent and a staunch Trump critic, during his online program The Resistance, announced on Monday that he is "retiring from political commentary in all media venues".
The former ESPN, Fox Sports, MSNBC, and Current TV host said he was "confident" that President Donald Trump's presidency would end soon, thus making it the "correct moment" to exit from making further political commentary.
Adding that president Trump will either be removed from office or forced to resign by his own party sometime in the next 13 months, Keith said:
I am confident now even more so than I have been throughout the last year that this nightmare presidency of Donald John Trump will end prematurely and end soon, and I am thus also confident that this is the correct moment to end this series of commentaries,
The progressive provocateur, 58, insisted to his viewers that he was not being fired and was in good health, saying:
No illness. No scandal. No firing. Just I've said what I've had to say. It was as obvious as I made it seem. I give my work everything I can, so it's not like I can dial it back.
He later concluded:
I am retiring from political commentary in all media venues. Thank you for all the kind words and all the support. Have fun storming the castle. My work here is done. Matter of fact, so is Trump's.
Earlier this month, Keith said that Trump and his family "have done more damage to America than [Osama] Bin Laden and ISIS combined."