Veteran Star Trek star George Takei has vehemently denied allegations about he groped a male model during 1980s encounter, insisting the alleged events “simply did not occur."
However, during an interview with shock jock Howard Stern recorded a few weeks ago, George appeared to admit he had grabbed and groped people in the past, saying his intention was to “persuade” people who were “afraid” to have a sexual encounter with him.
As previously reported, the former model Scott R. Brunton claimed during an interview with The Hollywood Reporter on Friday that he was 23 when he exchanged phone numbers with George at a bar, later visiting the 80-year-old Star Trek actor’s house for drinks.
He said he grew dizzy and “must have passed out,” waking to his pants around his ankles and George groping him. He said he extricated himself and left.
George Takei Revealed To Howard Stern He Grabbed Men To 'Persuade' Them For Sex
George tweeted in response to the allegations;
Right now it is a he said/he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful,
The Star Trek star makes regularly appears on radio heavyweight Stern’s show and recently talked with Stern and co-host Robin Quivers in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment and assault scandal.
In a frequently frank discussion, Stern asked George if he had ever grabbed somebody “against their will” and George's response made the radio host joked that he might need to call the police.
To see their conversation, click on the link.