The gorgeous Israeli actress Gal Gadot is not going to appear in the much-anticipated sequel to Wonder Woman, if the film producer Brett Ratner remains on staff, as per the report from the New York Post.
The publication's Page Six, citing an unidentified source close to Gadot, said the 32-year-old actress will not continue with the franchise so long as Brett can profit. Brett's production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped to produce Wonder Woman, as part of a co-financial deal with Warner Bros.
The Los Angeles Times reported separate news that the Burbank-based studio will not renew this deal with Brett beyond 2018.
Gal Gadot Plays Hardball: Won't Sign On For 'Wonder Woman' Again If Brett Ratner Is Still On Board
The 48-year-old filmmaker has been accused of sexual harassment and misconduct by at least six women including (Melanie Kohler, Olivia Munn, Jaime Ray Newman, Katharine Towne, and Natasha Henstridge)
Wonder Woman has been a critical and box office success that has successfully gathered more than $821 million worldwide. A delay or recasting could endanger the momentum the movie built earlier this year, which sets the stage for Justice League's debut on Friday.
The source told Page Six;
She's tough and stands by her principles. She also knows the best way to hit people like Brett Ratner is in the wallet. She also knows that Warner Bros. has to side with her on this issue as it develops. They can't have a movie rooted in women's empowerment being part-financed by a man accused of sexual misconduct against women.
Representatives for Warner Brothers did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.