It's been ten months Michael Douglas denied a sexual misconduct accusation made against him and his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones is now saying that her family was 'devastated' by the allegation.
In a Times of London interview published on Sunday, November 25, she said, "My children and I were profoundly devastated by those allegations. And I was torn about where my absolute morals lie."
“I’m bewildered why, after 32 years, this is coming out, now...” - Michael Douglas. Because you are working, Michael. You have a fabulous new series on the air now and so by definition are a target of the #MeTooMonster. https://t.co/VBIW0FEqo7— James Woods (@RealJamesWoods) November 26, 2018
As previously reported, in January, a female employee of the actor, 74, accused him in a 'The Hollywood Reporter' article of masturbating in front of her, adding that he blacklisted her from Hollywood 32 years ago.
Shortly after she made the allegations against him at the time, Michael had already released a statement to deny the accusation before THR had even published it.
Catherine, 49, said at the time, "This woman came out of nowhere and accused my husband."
I had a very big conversation with him, with the kids in the room, and said, ‘Do you understand if more comes out …'
She then added, "It was a really hard position for me and, in the height of it all, it was nasty."
But the Bugsy Malone actress stood by her husband's side as he assured her that the sexual harassment allegation made against him was completely false.
She said, "There was nothing to back it up at all. For any accusation that comes out that isn’t backed up, that knocks the movement back 20 years".
Of the couple's 18-years marriage, she added,
God knows we’ve had ups and downs in our marriage, but I don’t throw the towel in very quickly on anything.
Michael and Catherine have been married since November 18, 2000, and they share two children, son Dylan Michael Douglas, 18, and daughter Carys Zeta Douglas, 15.
For more updates, stay connected with Frostsnow.