Suits Star Meghan Markle Retires From Acting After Engagement With Prince Harry: Details Here
A new chapter! Following the announcement of Meghan Markle’s engagement to Prince Harry on Monday, November 27, the 36-year-old Suits actress decided to retire from acting.
Meghan is looking forward to the future with her soon-to-be husband Harry, putting her acting career behind her. Just hours after their engagement news broke, in the first joint interview with the 33-year-old royal, she said:
I think what’s been so exciting [transitioning] out of my career and into, as you said, the causes I can focus even more energy on, very early out of the gate, [is that you] have a voice that people listen to, a lot of responsibility,
Her new fiancé chimed in, “There’s a lot to do,”.
But Meghan, who has served as a UN Ambassador, doesn’t see it as giving something up. Rather she sees it as a start of a new period in her life.
I see it is a new change, a new chapter. I’ve been working on my show seven years, we were so fortunate to have that longevity, and I feel like I checked that box and am very proud of the work I’ve done there.
Harry further added to her statement:
[There’s a] sense of responsibility from day one. I fell in love with her and she fell in love with me … but then we had to have some frank conversations for what you’re getting yourself into is a big deal and at the end of the day she chose me and I chose her, whatever we have to tackle individually or together, we will do it as a team. I think she’s capable of anything.
As previously reported, their engagement was confirmed by palace officials on Monday. They revealed in the statement that the two are all set to get married in spring 2018. And after this good news, numerous celebrities reacted to and congratulated the royal couple.